I have finely came up with a perfect combination of ingredients for these yogurt pancakes.
This recipe as it very simple to make, it only has a few ingredients. I use strained yogurt as it has a thick consistency (between that of conventional yogurt and cheese) – exactly what is needed for this recipe.
It takes only a couple of minutes (each side) to fry the pancakes – just until golden brown.
Serve those yummy pancakes with a jam / condensed milk / berries.
- 170 g strained (thick) yogurt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 handful raisins
- 4 tbsp self-raising flour
- sunflower oil for greasing
- Combine the yogurt, egg yolk, sugar and salt.
- Stir in the raisins and flour.
- Leave to rest for 5 min.
- Grease a pan with an oil, heat.
- Put 1 tbsp of the batter on a hot pan. Fry over medium-high heat for a couple of minutes. Turn over and fry for another couple of minutes until golden brown.
- 4 tbsp of self-raising flour can be replaced by plain flour and 1/4 tsp soda
- Replace raisins with orange zest or dried cranberries.