Vegetable And Lamb Open Pie
Write a review
For The Dough
- 100 g potatoes
- 1 egg
- 20 g butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 g plain flour
For The Filling
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 250 g lamb, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium tomato, skinned and chopped
- 100 ml single cream
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp grated cheddar
- Peel and dice the potatoes, Cook in salted water. Drain, mash and set aside to cool.
- Mix together mashed potatoes, egg, butter and salt.
- Stir in the flour and make a smooth dough.
- Layer a heatproof dish with the dough and chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onions and celery stalks. Fry until soft.
- Add the fennel seeds and lamb and cook for 10 minutes covered with a lid. Add water if required.
- Then take off the lid and fry until the lamb is just ready.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add chopped tomato. Fry for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon lamb and vegetables over the dough.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cream, tomato paste, egg and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Pour over the lamb and vegetables.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Sprinkle over the cheese. Bake for another 7-10 minutes.
for recipes http://for.recipes/