Write a review
- 350 ml strong coffee
- 50 ml + 2 tbsp Baileys
- 2 eggs
- 60 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- pinch of salt
- 24 ladyfingers cookies
- cocoa powder for dusting
- Make strong espresso, cool down then stir in Baileys.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites.
- Beat the eggs yolks with half sugar, 2 tbsp baileys and vanilla essence until very pale.
- Stir in the mascarpone cheese.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg whites with the remaining half sugar and pinch of salt until stiff peaks.
- Fold in to the mascarpone batter.
- Dip a ladyfinger cookie in coffee.
- Layer bottom of a cake tin with the ladyfingers.
- Top with half the mascarpone batter.
- Layer the remaining ladyfingers.
- Top with the remaining mascarpone batter.
- Cover with a cling film and chill for at least a couple of hours or ideally overnight.
- Before serving, dust heavily with a cocoa powder.
for recipes http://for.recipes/