Samsa is an oven baked pastry with various fillings such as meat, pumpkin, potato. Samsa with meat is a staple dish of Uzbekistan.
Write a review
- 200 ml lukewarm water
- 1 egg
- 50 g softened butter
- 50 ml sunflower oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 450-500 g plain flour
- 350 g beef rump steak with fat
- 250 g (2-3 medium) onions
- a bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp melted beef dripping, for brushing
- nigella seeds to sprinkle
- For pastry -- combine all ingredients except for the flour.
- Gradually add the flour and knead a non-sticky dough.
- Cut into 3 even parts, cover with a kitchen towel and leave to rest for ~30 minutes.
- For filling -- cut the meat and fat in very small pieces using a meat-chopper, alternatively use a knife.
- Finely chop the onions. This can be done using the chopper as well.
- Combine the meat, fat, onions, chopped coriander and cumin seeds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll each part of the dough into a very thin sheet.
- Brush top of the first sheet with a melted beef dripping, wait 10-15 seconds until it is dry then cover with the second sheet.
- Brush again, cover with the last sheet and then brush again.
- Roll together all three layers of dough into a big sausage. Cut into 2-2.5 cm pieces.
- Roll each piece ~2-2.5 mm. Place the filling in the middle, fold in edges to make a triangle and place on a parchment with a seam down.
- Scatter over the nigella seeds.
- Bake in a preheated to 200C oven for ~30 minutes.
for recipes http://for.recipes/