These sweet preserved lemons are so easy to make – all you need is lemons, sugar and a jar! Use lemons with thin skin if you can find them.
Keep in a fridge for up to 8 months.
Sweet Preserved Lemons
Write a review
- 4 large lemons, unwaxed
- 400 g (~2 cups) caster sugar
- Thoroughly wash the lemons. Place in a bowl, pour over hot water then pat dry.
- Slice the lemons, make sure that stones are removed.
- Sprinkle 2-3 tbsp sugar in the bottom of the 1/2 L jar.
- Layer the lemon slices. Sprinkle over the sugar.
- Place alternative layers of lemons and sugar.
- Cover the jar with a lid and leave at room temperature for 6-7 days.
- To ensure that sugar is fully dissolved, turn the jar upside-down and leave for half a day, then turn it over again and leave for another half a day or so.
- In 6-7 days you should have a lot of juice. Keep the lemons in a fridge for up to 8 months.
for recipes http://for.recipes/