Spinach And Ricotta Pie
Write a review
- 10-15 g quick dried yeast
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 300 g spinach
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50 g ground almonds
- 40 g grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- butter to brush
- Stir the yeast in 1/2 cup water. Set aside for a few minutes.
- Add 1 cup of flour in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in sugar, salt, egg and the yeast. Gradually add the remaining flour and knead a non-sticky dough.
- Add the oil and knead until fully incorporated.
- Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and leave in warm for ~1 hour to let the dough to rise.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Rinse the spinach, place in a large saucepan and cook for 5 minutes until it has wilted. Drain and let to cool.
- Combine ricotta, spinach and eggs.
- Add the ground almonds and parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Stir in the pumpkin seeds. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts (one slightly bigger than another). Roll the bigger part (3-5 mm thick), place the filling and spread evenly.
- Cover with the other dough sheet. Seal the edges.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread the butter over the pie. Cover with a foil and the kitchen towel and leave for ~5 minutes for the pastry to absorb butter and soften.
for recipes http://for.recipes/