Spicy Coconut And Tofu Soup
Write a review
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-2 bird eye chilis (depending how spicy you like), deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 lemongrass sticks
- 200 ml full fat coconut milk
- 400 ml boiling water
- 4 medium green beans
- 4 medium button mushrooms
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 100g tofu
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add oil, onion, chilis and a ladle of water to prevent from burning. Sweat for 2-3 minutes. No need to stir.
- Halve the lemongrass sticks and smash to release flavors. Add to the saucepan, along with coconut milk and water. Simmer for ~5 minutes.
- Cut green beans in 2-3 cm sticks and halve the mushrooms. Add to the saucepan and simmer for ~10 minutes.
- Halve tomatoes and cut tofu in cubes. Add to the saucepan.
- Add fish sauce and lime juice. Adjust the seasonings if needed. Remove from the heat.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Replace tofu with chicken. Add thinly sliced chicken fillet to the saucepan together with green beans and mushrooms.
for recipes http://for.recipes/