Rich, velvety, smooth chocolate cake with a hint of amaretto syrup. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Soft Chocolate And Amaretto Cake
Write a review
- 140 g dark chocolate, min 70% cocoa
- 60 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 30 g caster sugar
- 15 g ground almonds
- 1 tsp amaretto syrup
- cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and dust with a flour a cake tin.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl, set over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Remove the bowl and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk the egg yolks and sugar until thick and creamy.
- Add melted chocolate, almonds and amaretto syrup to the egg yolk mixture. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until thick and glossy and gently stir in to the egg yolks mixture.
- Pour batter in prepared tin and bake for 15 minutes. Do not overcook. The top should be firm but the centre still slightly gooey.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool ideally overnight. Dust the cake with cocoa.
for recipes http://for.recipes/