This honey cake is know as Medovik in Russia.
It takes only 45 min to make it, however, the cake has to rest in a fridge ideally overnight so the crust absorbs cream.
Honey Cake (Medovik)
Write a review
- 2 eggs
- 8 tbsp honey
- 50 g softened butter
- 3 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 500 ml milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 150 g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 50 g cornflour
- Beat up the eggs with honey.
- Stir in the butter and half of the flour.
- Combine soda and lemon juice, and stir in.
- Add the remaining flour and knead an elastic dough.
- Divide into 8 even parts and roll each part into 0.3-0.4 cm circle.
- Place on a parchment paper. Use a large pan lid to cut a perfect circle. Leave the cut edges and bake for 5-7 minutes in a preheated to 220C oven.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down completely. Save the cut edges for later. Repeat the same with the remaining dough.
- To make a cream, pour milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil, then remove from the heat. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, beat up the egg yolks with sugar, honey and cornflour and gradually stir into the milk.
- Return the saucepan to a medium heat and bring to a boil stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Layer one crust on a plate, spread over the cream, then cover with another crust and spread the cream.
- Continue until you reach the last one, then spread over the top and the edges with the remaining cream.
- Chill the cake overnight so the crust absorbs the cream.
- Blend the crust edges and sprinkle over the top and the edges of the cake.
for recipes http://for.recipes/