Ukha is a rich fish broth with vegetables, made from various types of fish such as sea bream, catfish, salmon, etc.
Russian Fish Soup Ukha
Write a review
- 750 g fish (sea bream, catfish, salmon..) incl. head, fins
- 1 1/2 L water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp peppercorn
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 spring onion. chopped
- Clean the fish, remove guts, take out grills from the fish head (otherwise they give a bitter taste to a stock).
- Wash the fish thoroughly. Place in a saucepan, cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 35 min.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan. Fry onions, carrots and tomatoes until soft.
- Remove the fish from the saucepan. Set aside.
- Take a clean saucepan. Strain the broth. Bring to a boil, add cubed potatoes, bay leaves and peppercorn. Reduce the heat and simmer until potatoes are half cooked.
- Add the fried vegetables into the pan and cook until the potatoes are nearly done.
- Separate the fish flesh from bones, remove skin.
- Tear the fish flesh into chunky pieces and add to the saucepan.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Discard the bay leaves. Add the chopped coriander and spring onions.
- Leave to rest for about 10 minutes.
for recipes http://for.recipes/