The key to this pie is sour apples such as Bramley apples.
Russian Apple Pie Sharlotka
Write a review
- 6 medium eggs
- 110 g (~ 1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 130 g (~1 cup) plain flour
- 2 medium sour apples, cored, cut into 2x2 chunks
- Preheat the over to 180C. Line a baking dish with a parchment paper.
- Beat slightly the eggs.
- Stir in sugar, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk until the mixture is pale (about 5 mins on high speed of your mixer).
- Sift the flour into the bowl with egg mixture. Gently fold in using spatula.
- Pour the batter in a cake tin.
- Top with apple chunks.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool in the baking dish for 20-30 mins.
for recipes http://for.recipes/