Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Write a review
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- .75 L water or vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp coconut milk, to finish (optional)
- Heat an oven to 200C.
- Halve and deseed the butternut squash (no need to peel).
- Cut into chunks and place in a roasting tray along with the squash seeds.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for ~20 minutes until soft and caramelised.
- Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- Add the onion and a ladle of water and sweat over a medium heat until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic paste and cashew nuts and sweat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the squash to the pan and pour water (or stock) enough to cover the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 10 min.
- Using a hand blender, blitz the soup until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and add more water (or stock) to give a required consistency. Heat through gently.
- Pour the butternut squash soup into warm soup bowls.
- Finish with a drizzle of coconut milk and roasted squash seeds.
for recipes http://for.recipes/