Chocolate Cake With Cherries And Hazelnuts
Write a review
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 100 g softened butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 can black cherries, drained
- 50 g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
For Chocolate Sauce
- 150 ml single cream
- 180 g dark chocolate
- 1 splash Baileys
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Mix the cocoa powder with 4-5 tablespoons of boiling water and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar.
- Stir in the cocoa mixture, egg, flour and baking powder.
- Pour the batter into an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle over the cherries and hazelnuts and bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make a chocolate sauce. Bring cream to a boil, remove from the heat.
- Add the chocolate and leave it to melt.
- Add a splash of Baileys. Mix well.
- Once the cake is ready, pour warm chocolate sauce on top and let to sit for ~10 minutes.
for recipes http://for.recipes/