Rich and garlicky potato crush goes perfectly with buttery beans and toasted crunchy hazelnuts.
Potato Crush With Green Beans And Toasted Hazelnuts
Write a review
- 3 large potatoes, preferably Maris Pipers
- 1-2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
For Green Beans
- 250 g green beans
- 70 g roughly chopped hazelnuts
- 1 heaped tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- Cut potatoes, leave the skin on. Place in boiling water for 5-7 mins then strain.
- Return to a low heat and lightly crush.
- In a cup mix together 50 ml water, rapeseed oil, garlic paste, and chopped rosemary and add to the potatoes.
- Simmer with a lid on for another 5-7 min or until potato is cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, put the beans in a saucepan with boiling salted water, and cook for 5-7 min.
- Drain, then refresh under cold running water. Set aside.
- Heat a pan and toast the hazelnuts on a dry pan until golden brown.
- Add the butter, then add the beans just to reheat them and cover with the butter.
- Serve the potatoes and the beans as a side dish to chicken, meat or fish.
- Browning nuts enriches flavour and makes nuts more crunchy.
for recipes http://for.recipes/