Oven Baked Chicken In Lemony Yoghurt
Write a review
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- generous pinch of chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp coriander seeds
- 3 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- generous pinch of lemon zest
- generous pinch of salt
- generous pinch of black pepper
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- salt to taste
- 120 g jasmine rice
- fresh coriander to garnish
- wholemeal tortilla to garnish
- Dry-fry the cumin seeds, chilli flakes and coriander seeds for a couple of min. Grind them up.
- In a medium size bowl combine yogurt, the grinded mix, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pound slightly the chicken breasts. Coat in the yogurt mix. Leave to marinade for 10-15 min.
- Boil 300 ml water for the rice and preheat the oven to 190C.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the onion and fry in 1 tbsp olive oil until translucent.
- Add the ground cumin, season with salt. Set aside.
- Add the rice and salt to the sauce pan with the boiling water.
- Put a lid on and cook for 10-15 minutes or until ready.
- Drain, add the fried onion and season if required.
- Place the chicken in a heat proof dish and cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Then turn the grill to high and grill for 5 minutes to brown off the top.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 2 cm strings.
- To serve, divide the rice between 2 plates, top with the chicken, and chopped fresh coriander.
- Squeeze over a splash of lemon juice.
- Warm the tortilla and place it on a side.
for recipes http://for.recipes/