Moroccan Slow-Cooked Lamb Tagine
Write a review
- 40 g butter
- 3 shallot onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 350 g boneless lamb, cut in bite sized pieces
- 3 tomatoes
- 350 ml beef stock
- pinch of saffron
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 medium cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat a pan over low-medium heat. Add the butter, and fry shallots and garlic until soft.
- Add the lamb and all spices and cook for stirring occasionally for ~25 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- Skin the tomatoes. Chop in small cubes.
- Add to the pan.
- Pour in the beef stock.
- Add saffron and the orange zest.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours until the meat is soft and tender. Add more stock or water if needed.
- Sprinkle over the almond flakes and chopped dill.
- To skin tomatoes, place them in a bowl and pour over boiling water. Leave for 3-5 minutes, drain, easily skin.
for recipes http://for.recipes/