I got this recipe from a restaurant chef in Morocco. There was my first time when I’ve tried the monkfish. Absolutely loved it.
Monkfish In Creamy Coconut Sauce
Write a review
- 200 g monkfish, fillet cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, cubed
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 8-10 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp creme fraiche
- bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Pour lemon juice over the fish and marinate for 10-15 min.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add chopped onions. Fry for a few minutes.
- Add chopped tomato, monkfish, chilli flakes, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in coconut milk and creme fraiche. Simmer for another 3-5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if required.
- Remove from the heat. Add chopped coriander and let to rest for 5 minutes.
for recipes http://for.recipes/