Very special thanks to my friend Galiya for this delicious dish recipe.
Minced Meat Fried Pastry (Peremyach)
Write a review
- 250 ml warm milk
- 20 g dried yeast
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- ~650 g plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 g butter, softened and cubed
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp beef dripping
- 400-450 g mince lamb or beef
- 1 tbsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 250-350 ml sunflower oil for deep frying
- Pour milk in a large jug.
- Stir in 20 g (~1 heaped tbsp) dried yeast and 1 tsp sugar. Leave to rest for 10-15 min.
- In a large bowl combine flour, salt, butter, eggs and the yeast mixture.
- Knead an elastic dough. Leave in a warm place for ~20 min or more.
- Knead again for a few minutes. Leave to rest for 20 min.
- Melt 2 tbsp beef dripping in a saucepan. Add 1 tbsp paprika and onions and fry until soft.
- Add fried onions to the minced meat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add coriander seeds and 2-4 tbsp water if the mixture is a bit dry.
- Cut the dough in 16 even parts. Keep covered with wet towel while working with the dough.
- Roll each piece into 0.5 cm thick sheet. Place 1 heaped tbsp filling in the middle and shape the pastry leaving the small hole on top. Leave for 5 min to rest to increase slightly in size.
- Heat oil in a saucepan (level of oil should not be deeper than 1 cm from the bottom of the saucepan).
- Put the pastry to the saucepan -- hole down. Fry for ~5-7 min.
- Turn over. Cover with a lid. Fry for another 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the pastry to a paper towel to absorb excess of oil. Serve warm.
for recipes http://for.recipes/