Lancashire Hotpot With Lamb And Potato
Write a review
2 hr 30 min
2 hr 30 min
- 300 ml hot water
- 1 beef cube
- 1 sachet bouquet garni
- 2 tbsp butter, for greasing and brushing
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 large floury potatoes, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 350-400 g lamb, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- Make a beef stock by dissolving a beef cube in hot water and adding the bouquet garni. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and mix in the pressed garlic. Use half of the butter for brushing the bottom of the heatproof casserole.
- Layer half of potatoes, season with salt and pepper, top with half of the onions.
- Layer lamb pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with the remaining onions. Scatter over fresh thyme leaves.
- Remove the bouquet garni from stock. Pour the stock over the vegetables and lamb.
- Layer the remaining potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the top with the remaining garlic butter.
- Cover and bake for 2 hours.
- Remove the cover, increase the heat to 200C, and bake for 30 minutes until the top is golden and crispy.
for recipes http://for.recipes/