Lamb In Basil Cream Sauce
Write a review
- 400 g lamb, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp cooking cream or mascarpone
- fresh coriander to garnish
- In a large bowl mix together lamb, onion and lemon juice and leave to marinade for 40 minutes.
- Heat the 1 tbsp oil in a saucepan and fry the lamb until brown all over. Add little bit of water and simmer until the meat is tender.
- Blend tomatoes (skin on) and the fresh basil leaves in a blender. Add to the saucepan.
- Add the chilli flakes, crushed garlic, coriander seeds, sugar and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and simmer for ~2 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Remove from the heat. Add chopped fresh coriander. Leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
for recipes http://for.recipes/