These sunflower seed crunchy bites called Kozinaki or Gozinaki or Gozinaqi is a traditional Georgian confection made of caramelized nuts (usually walnuts) fried in honey, and served on New Year’s Eve and Christmas.
Sunflower Seed Crunchy Bites (Kozinaki)
Write a review
- 75 g sunflower seeds
- 15 g sesame seeds
- 90 g honey
- 20 g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Dry-fry sunflower and sesame seeds until just golden.
- Put honey, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan. Cook over over low-medium heat stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the seeds. Cook for 15 minutes until the mixture has darken and became thick.
- Take a plate or mould, moisten it with cold water and place a honey-seeds mixture while it is still hot. Be careful, the mixture is really hot!
- Flatten with a tablespoon and leave for 20 minutes to cool down.
- Transfer onto chopping board and cut into shape. Leave to cool down completely before transferring into a container.
- Store the crunchy bites in a container for a couple of weeks.
for recipes http://for.recipes/