Heart-Shaped Cinnamon Rolls
Write a review
1 hr 40 min
1 hr 40 min
For The Yeast Starter
- 100 ml warm water
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp dried yeast
For The Dough
- 100 ml milk
- 50 g softened butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ~500 g plain flour
For The Filling
- 3 tbsp (~45g) softened butter
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- egg for brushing
- In a large jug, mix together 100 ml water, sugar and dried yeast. Cover, set aside for 10 minutes, then whisk again.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the dough except for the flour.
- Stir in the yeast starter.
- Gradually add the flour. Knead an elastic, non-sticky dough. It will take ~10 minutes. Cover with a wet kitchen towel. Keep in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- Cut the dough in 8 even pieces. Roll each peach into ~5 mm thick circle. Cover with a wet kitchen towel and let to rise ~10 minutes.
- Mix together butter, ground cinnamon and sugar.
- Spread over the dough. Roll the dough, fold up and make a deep cup along the bend. Turn round each side to make a heart-shaped roll.
- Place the rolls on a baking tray with a greased parchment, leaving some space between them. Let to rest for ~5 minutes covered with a wet towel.
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl, brush the top of the rolls.
- Bake for ~20 minutes in a preheated to 180C oven.
for recipes http://for.recipes/