Goat Cheese Pastry (Pogača)
Write a review
1 hr 50 min
1 hr 50 min
- 1 tbsp dried yeast
- 85 ml warm milk
- 350 g plain flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs (save 1 egg yolk for brushing)
- 80 g butter
- 70-80 g goat cheese
- nigella and sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Dissolve yeast in the warm milk and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Crack the eggs. Save 1 egg yolk for brushing.
- Add the yeast mixture.
- Using the dough hook attachment, knead for 10 minutes until the dough is elastic.
- Gradually add the butter piece by piece until it is incorporated completely.
- Add a little bit more flour if required. Cover and leave in a warm place for 1 hour to rise.
- Knead the dough again for 1-2 minutes then divide into 16 even pieces.
- Flatten with you fingers, place 1/2-1 tsp goat's cheese in the middle, fold the edges and seal securely.
- Put the buns on a parchment layered baking tray, leaving space around each. Leave in a warm place for 30 min.
- Mix egg yolk with a little water or milk. Brush the buns. Sprinkle over the nigella and sesame seeds.
- Bake in a preheated to 160C (fan on) oven for 10-12 minutes.
for recipes http://for.recipes/