Garlic Spatchcock Chicken
Write a review
- 1 whole chicken, skinned
- sunflower oil for frying
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2-3 tbsp passata
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
For Garlic Sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50 g salted butter
- 1 cup full fat milk
- Mix all ingredients for the marinade.
- Spatchcock the chicken. Rub with the marinade, cover with a cling film and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan. Fry the chicken until golden brown all over. Place in an oven-proof dish and bake in a preheated to 190C oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make garlic sauce. In a saucepan melt the butter.
- Add crushed garlic and fry for 3-5 minute stirring continually.
- Gradually stir in the milk, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Taste, adjust seasonings if required.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. Pour over the garlic sauce.
for recipes http://for.recipes/