Flourless Walnut And Raisin Cake
Write a review
- 3 eggs
- 40 g caster sugar
- 150 g ground walnuts
- 50 g raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 250 g whipping cream or mascarpone
- 2 tbsp vanilla icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease and line with a parchment paper a cake tin.
- Separate eggs. Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks and set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg yolks with sugar until sugar has dissolved and the batter is smooth and white.
- Stir in ground walnuts, raisins and vanilla essence.
- Add the egg whites spoon by spoon and mix in gently.
- Pour the batter in the cake tin and bake for bake for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool down.
- For the cream - mix together whipping cream or mascarpone and vanilla icing sugar. Spread over the cake.
- You can cut the cake lengthways and spread the cream between two layers. Sprinkle over vanilla icing sugar.
for recipes http://for.recipes/