For a perfect risotto, cook rice until ‘al dente’ and ensure that the texture is creamy but yet a bit loose.
Crunchy Walnut Risotto
Write a review
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 shallot onions, finely chopped
- 150 g risotto rice
- 1 tsp butter
- 50 g walnut pieces
- 50 g grated parmesan cheese
- 2 heaped tbsp mascarpone cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour stock into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the rice and coat with oil.
- Add about 150 ml stock. Allow to bubble for 1-2 minutes, stirring.
- Continue adding the stock, a ladleful at a time. Wait for each ladleful to be absorbed before adding the next.
- When all the stock has been added, the risotto should be creamy and the rice cooked 'al dente'. Total cooking time will be ~30-40 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan. Add walnut pieces. Fry until just brown.
- Add to the risotto, together with the parmesan and mascarpone cheese. Mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if required.
for recipes http://for.recipes/