Couscous Stuffed Peppers
Write a review
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 150 g couscous
- 12 sweet peppers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, diced
- 130 g (1 cup) cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 200 g crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Pour hot chicken stock over the couscous. Cover, and set aside for ~10 minutes.
- Halve and deseed the peppers.
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add 1 tbsp salt.
- Put the peppers in a boiling water, leave for 5 min. Remove and put in a large bowl filled with cold water. Pat dry, set aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion, courgette and a ladle of water. Sweat until soft.
- Reduce the heat. Add halved tomatoes, chopped coriander and oregano and simmer for 1-2 min. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the couscous and feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the peppers with the filling.
- Place on a greased baking tin and bake for ~15-20 minutes.
for recipes http://for.recipes/