Chocolate And Orange Roulade
Write a review
For The Sponge
- 3 eggs, separated
- 130 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g self-raising flour
- 65 g potato flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
For The Filling
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 200 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 200 ml mascarpone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line baking tray with a greased and dusted with flour parchment paper.
- Separate the eggs. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks. Set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until pale.
- Stir in the self-raising and potato flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Stir in the egg whites - spoon at a time.
- Spread the batter over the parchment. Cook for ~12 minutes. Remove from the oven and gently roll keeping the parchment paper.
- Let to cool down completely. Place in the fridge if you would like to speed up the process.
- For the filling - beat the egg yolks with sugar until pale.
- Add the orange zest and pour in milk.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes or until the batter had thickened.
- Put in a fridge to cool down completely.
- Stir in the mascarpone cheese.
- Unroll gently the sponge. Spread 2/3 of the filling, then roll it again removing the parchment paper.
- Spread the remaining filling on top. Sprinkle over grated chocolate or almond flakes or any sprinkles you prefer.
for recipes http://for.recipes/