On of the best chicken dishes in Georgian cuisine.
Chicken In Tomato And Garlic Sauce (Chahohbilli)
Write a review
- 1 heaped tbsp butter
- 4 small chicken thighs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 3 shallot onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 heaped tbsp tomato paste
- 3-4 medium tomatoes
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200 ml chicken stock or water
- chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Melt the butter in a deep saucepan. Add chicken thighs and fry until golden brown.
- Season with salt and pepper, add chilli flakes, chopped onions and 1-2 ladles of water. Sweat until onions are soft.
- Stir 1 tbsp flour in a little water, then add to the saucepan.
- Stir in tomato paste. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place tomatoes into a deep bowl and pour over boiling water.
- Leave for 2 minutes, remove and let to cool so you are able to handle them.
- Peel off the skin. Finely chop tomatoes, stir in the saucepan.
- Add the garlic.
- Add 200 ml chicken stock or water. Simmer for ~10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Check and adjust seasonings if required.
- Scatter over the chopped parsley. Cover with a lid and leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
for recipes http://for.recipes/