Gedlibzhe is chicken drums or thighs in creamy garlic sauce, popular dish in Caucasian cuisine.
Chicken In Creamy Garlic Sauce (Gedlibzhe)
Write a review
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 chicken drums or thighs
- 2 medium onions
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp soured cream / creme fraiche / cooking cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Thoroughly wash the chicken. Remove skin.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and fry chicken until golden brown.
- Finely chop onions and garlic.
- Add to the saucepan, fry for 1 min constantly stirring. Add 5-6 ladles of water or chicken stock.
- Stir in the paprika. Simmer until onion is soft. Add more water or stock if required.
- Mix cornflour with a little cold water and pour in the saucepan. Stir constantly until sauce thickens.
- Stir in 3 tbsp of cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer a few more minutes. Remove from the heat.
for recipes http://for.recipes/