Chicken And White Bean Stew
Write a review
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 300 g chicken breast, cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 large potatoes, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1x200g can white beans, drained
- 1 spring onions, finely chopped
- generous pinch of chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh dill
- In a large skillet or pan, heat the oil over low-medium heat.
- Add the chicken pieces, chopped onion and grated carrot.
- Cook for ~15 minutes or until liquid has nearly evaporated.
- Stir in 2 tbsp flour.
- Pour over hot (not boiling) water to fully cover the chicken and vegetables. Mix well to remove any lumps.
- Add diced potatoes and bay leaf. Simmer with a lid on until the potatoes are just cooked, stirring occasionally. Add more water if the sauce is too thick.
- Stir in the beans, chopped spring onion and all spices. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the chopped dill, cover with a lid and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
for recipes http://for.recipes/