Chicken And Rice Pilaf
Write a review
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 500 ml hot water
- ~2 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 6 garlic cloves
- 250 g basmati or devzira rice
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- In a large deep non-stick pan, heat the oil and fry onions for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces. Fry for ~10 minutes.
- Add grated carrot and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Pour over hot water, salt and pepper and mix well. The water should be a little bit more saltier than you would normally do, as rice (when added) will take some portion of salt.
- Add the whole garlic cloves (peeled).
- Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Do not cover with a lid.
- Remove the garlic cloves.
- Rinse the rice and spread evenly over the chicken and vegetables. Water should just cover the rice. If not - then add more water.
- Return the garlic cloves back and sprinkle over the cumin seeds.
- Do not mix until the pilaf is ready.
- Cover with a lid, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the rice is cooked.
for recipes http://for.recipes/