Write a review
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely diced
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 300 g minced beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 125 ml red wine
- 250 g passata
- 125 ml water
- spaghetti to serve
- parmesan to garnish
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the onion, garlic, carrot and celery and fry until soft.
- Add the beef and fry until brown, stirring constantly.
- Season with salt and pepper, add sugar and nutmeg.
- Stir in the tomato puree and cook for a 1-2 minutes.
- Add the wine, passata and water. Simmer for ~1 hour until sauce thickens. Add more water if needed.
- In a separate saucepan bring water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook according to instructions.
- Place the spaghetti on a warm plate and pour over the sauce.
- Sprinkle over the cheese and serve.
for recipes http://for.recipes/