Write a review
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 225 g minced beef
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- generous pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 5 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 8 lasagne sheets
- 200 g grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
For The Bechamel Sauce
- 300 ml whole milk
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves
- 55 g butter
- 40 g plain flour
- 300 g single cream
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a pan.
- Add the onion and garlic and fry until soft.
- Add the beef and fry until brown all over.
- Stir in celery and carrot and fry for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the sugar, oregano, tomatoes and tomato paste, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Make bechamel sauce - bring the milk to a boil. Add bay leaves and cloves. Set aside to cool.
- Melt the butter in the saucepan, stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Remove from the heat and gradually pour in the milk (remove the bay leaves and cloves), stirring constantly.
- Return to the heat and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the cream and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and season with nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste, then stir in the mustard and cheese.
- In an ovenproof dish, make alternate layers of meat sauce, lasagne and parmesan cheese.
- Pour the sauce over, sprinkle over parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbling.
for recipes http://for.recipes/