Succulent and tender beef in honey soy sauce served with fragrant hot rice.
Beef In Honey Soy Sauce
Write a review
- ~220 g beef
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tsp grated ginger
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced (white part only)
- 4-5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- rice, enough for 2
- salt to taste
- 1 leek
- sunflower oil for frying
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced (green part only)
- black sesame seeds to sprinkle
- Cut the beef into bite sized pieces and pound slightly.
- Place in a bowl and mix in all ingredients for marinade. Keep in a fringe for at least 2 hours or ideally overnight.
- Cook rice as per pack instructions. Season with salt.
- Cut the leek in half lengthways and then slice.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil, fry the leek until soft.
- Add the cooked rice, butter and season with salt and pepper. Fry for 1-2 mins, turn the heat off and set aside.
- In a separate pan, heat 1 tbsp oil, add the beef and fry for a few mins until golden brown.
- Reduce the heat, pour over 4-5 tbsp water and simmer until liquid evaporates.
- Serve the rice topped with the beef and sprinkle over green parts of the spring onions and the black sesame seeds.
for recipes http://for.recipes/