Beef Braised In Red Wine
Write a review
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 400 g beef, cut in strips
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 150 ml red wine
- 110 ml beef stock
- 1/2 tbsp tomato puree
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 spring fresh sage
- small bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- Heat the 1 tbsp oil in the pan. Fry onion and garlic until soft. Remove with the slotted spoon and transfer to a heatproof casserole.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil in the pan, add the steak strips and sweat over a low-medium heat with a lid on for 10-15 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- Remove the lid, fry the meat until golden brown.
- Sprinkle over the flour, fully cover the meat.
- Gradually pour in the wine stirring constantly to remove any lumps.
- Stir in the stock and tomato puree.
- Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Bring to a boil, then carefully transfer the contents into the casserole.
- Add the sage, cover and cook for 1 - 1 1/2 hours in the oven.
- Remove from the oven, discard the sage. Garnish with fresh parsley.
for recipes http://for.recipes/