Borsch is a Ukrainian soup by origin. It’s quite popular in Russia and it is made primarily with beef, beetroot, cabbage and potatoes.
Beef And Beetroot Soup (Borsch)
Write a review
1 hr 40 min
1 hr 40 min
- 500 g beef bones
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 small beetroots, cooked and diced
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 green cabbage, shredded
- 3 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- bunch of fresh parsley
- Boil 1.5l water in a large saucepan. Add the beef bones and simmer for 1-1 1/2 hours. Remove the meat and pour the stock through a sieve to a clean saucepan. Add the beef bones.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onion, grated carrot and a ladle of water. Sweat over medium-high heat until soft.
- Stir in beetroot, tomato paste, vinegar, garlic, and ladle of water. Sweat for another a few minutes.
- Add diced potatoes to the saucepan with the beef bones. Bring to a boil.
- Add shredded cabbage. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add fried vegetables and bay leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper. Simmer until the potato is cooked.
- Check and adjust seasonings if required.
- Remove from the heat. Add chopped parsley, cover with a lid and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour the soup in a plate, top with 1 tbsp of soured cream, serve warm.
for recipes http://for.recipes/