Baked Sweet Potato And Chickpeas With Zesty Yoghurt
Write a review
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 can (200 g) chickpeas in water
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- generous pinch of lemon zest
- fresh coriander to garnish
- salad cress to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Wash and halve the sweet potato lengthways (no need to peel).
- Rub 1 tsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the sweet potato skin side up on a baking tray in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes until cooked through.
- Drain and wash the chickpeas.
- In a bowl, toss the chickpeas together with 1 tsp oil, the ground cumin, coriander, paprika, ¼ tsp of salt and a generous pinch of black pepper.
- Mix in halved cherry tomatoes.
- Remove the baking tray with potatoes from the oven. Scatter the chickpeas and tomatoes around the sweet potatoes and place back in the oven for the final 15 mins.
- Mix the yoghurt with salt, pepper, lemon zest and 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Take the baking tray out of the oven, take the skin off the potato and slice it.
- Place the sliced sweet potato on a plate, scatter the warm chickpeas and tomatoes, top with the lemony yoghurt and chopped parsley. Garnish with salad cress.
for recipes http://for.recipes/