Almond Sponge Cake
Write a review
- butter for greasing
- 3 eggs, separated
- 100 g caster sugar
- 55 g potato flour
- 115 g ground almonds
- 2 tsp grated orange rind
- 125 ml orange juice
- generous pinch of salt
- icing sugar for sprinkling
- almonds or almond flakes to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Grease a cake tin with a butter.
- Beat the egg yolks with sugar until thick and pale.
- Stir in the potato flour, ground almonds, orange rind and orange juice.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff.
- Gently fold the whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Pour batter in the cake tin and bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden and just firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven. Let to cool down. Sprinkle over the icing sugar and almonds/almond flakes before serving.
for recipes http://for.recipes/